Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities. To start your own, calculate the finish date here!
Start: April 4, 2014
Finish: December 30, 2016
Health + Fitness
1) Continue lifting/strength training 3x/week. (Exceptions unfortunately apply during exam weeks.)
2) Deadlift > 340, Squat > 240, Bench Press > 160 in the 114-weight class would have me beating all the national records. For 123, it’s D-375, BP-176, S-265.
3) Flexibility training 10 minutes/day.
4) Foundations 1+2/Handstands with Jun.
5) Continue following IIFYM.
6) Get BF% to 17%.
7) Drink at least 8 cups of water per day.
8) Continue running/doing some form of endurance activity 3x/week.
9) Compete in another powerlifting competition.
10) Take TKD + BJJ classes whenever possible!
11) Relson Gracie seminars! [3/3]
12) Take free fitness classes at OLBH hospital gym.
- Zumba Tone
- Aquatics Boot Camp
- Outdoor Boot Camp
13) Aerial lyra classes in Asheville. (11/07/15)
14) Check out the BJJ classes at your rotations! (Modesto + Fresno) Went to Rhalan’s classes in Dublin instead…until I broke my hand. :[
15) Rhalan Gracie seminar (11/19/15)
1) Help fundraise for Please Save A Cat/Friends For Life, Inc. in Taste of Our Town + the craft fair! (I also donate my time + the money from sponsored posts to them! <3 )
2) Continue volunteering at PSAC/FFL whenever you find the time/an excuse to visit.
1) Pass all my 2nd year classes. (04/18/14) – it still doesn’t feel real!
2) Take COMLEX. (07/05/14)
3) Move to Ashland. (July 2014)
4) Set up elective rotation for 3rd year (mid-March). [Family Medicine in Bridgeport!]
5) Find a place to live that’s close-ish to my new base site. (May 2014)
6) Move out of apartment and into the shelter/farm!
7) Pass COMLEX I. [YEAHHHHHH. BEST DAY OF MY LIFEEEEE. One of em’, anyway.]
8) Win some kind of award/scholarship to help with livelihood! – yay for scholarships awarded for being nice!
9) Set up 4th-year rotations.
10) Pass OSCE’s. (07/23/14)
11) Pass COMLEX PE. (10/26/2015)
12) Pass COMLEX CE. (07/31/2015)
13) Develop FM Student!
14) Get recommendation letters!
- Family Medicine (Outpatient)
- Internal Medicine (Outpatient)
- General Surgery
- Family Medicine (Inpatient)
- My dean! (Family Medicine)
15) Apply to residency programs. (08/2015-09/2015)
16) Get interviews! 
17) Match into an awesome residency program! (March 18, 2016) – I matched into my first choice!!!
18) Graduate from medical school. (05/28/16)
19) Move to wherever my residency is – New Jersey! (June 2016)
20) Write articles for The DO.
- Top tips for scheduling elective clinical rotations
- 9 ways to succeed in your clinical rotations
- How to ace your family medicine residency interviews
1) Set up a budget so I can live frugally but comfortably while avoiding being in debt forever. Stick to it. [Try to spend < $9000 on rent/living/food/transportation/etc. over 2015-2016.]
2) Continue to keep track of everything I spend.
3) Donate/sell the things I don’t need.
4) Apply for at least 2 other scholarships/awards that I qualify for. [2/2]
5) Cook whenever possible and eat out as little as possible.
6) Set up loan repayment stuffs.
7) For (at least) one month of every year, don’t go out to eat. [3/3]
8) Do an epic cleanse/de-cluttering of my room.
1) Learn how to do handstand pirouettes.
2) Take another pole workshop. [05/03/14 – Ellen Lovelace’s Pole Flow workshop!]
3) Learn how to curl my hair. (Close enough!)
4) Learn to french braid my hair.
5) Learn one song in Hawaiian.
6) Learn one song in Mandarin. (Painted Heart [画心], by Jane Zhang)
7) Pole performance for AIDS fundraiser! (02/06/2016)
1) Go hiking wherever you visit!
2) Go home to visit before study hibernation commences! (May 1-8, 2014)
3) Go home to visit after boards. (July 2014)
4) Visit Davis. (July 2014, March 2016)
[[5) Visit/Help out at PHAC.]] – Not going to be able to do this one! :[
6) Go to a beach.
7) Go home for 4th year!? (December 2015)
8) Visit Asheville. Part 1 | Part 2 (11/06/15-11/07/15) + Part 3
9) Go to Hawai’i! (June 2016)
- How To Vacation On The Cheap in Oahu
- Diamond Head Summit Trail
- Food Tour of Waikiki
- Touristing + Food Truck Hopping Through Oahu
- Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay
- Makapu’u Lighthouse Trail
- Surfing with the Hawai’i Surf Guru
- Lanikai Pillboxes Hike
- SUP in Kailua
Family & Friends
1) Tahoe! (June 2016)
2) Cruise to Costa Rica with family! (October 2014)
3) Go back to Lewisburg to visit Linda/Donna/church. [5/5+]
4) Send a care package to someone at least once a year. [3/3]
5) Meet up with Whitney/Becca at least once a year. [1/3]
6) Food adventures/hangouts with supah speshal awsum during my vacations at least once a year. [3+/3]
7) Meet up with Mekala/Sylvia/Elise/Kaitlin at least once a year. [1/3]
8) Visit Trish in Delaware! (August 2015)
9) Visit Baltimore for Monika’s wedding. (August 2015)
10) Visit Linda in Lewisburg! (September 2016)
1) Participate in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2014. (Apple PB Oatmeal Cookie “Dough” Bites)
2) Participate in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2015. (Chocolate Nut Butter Meltaways)
[[3) Participate in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2016.]] – Not going to be able to do this one!
4) Participate in 20 sponsored recipe contests for The Recipe ReDux. [17/20]
- Cucumber Greek Yogurt Dip
- Hazelnut White Bean Dip
- One-Pot Mushroom Veggie Rice
- Gochujang Turkey Mushroom Burgers
- Kahlua & Cream Oatmeal
- Cookies ‘N’ Creme Oatmeal Shake
- Spiced & Stuffed Samosa “Baked” Potatoes
- Mixed Vegetable Soup
- Curry Fried Rice
- Turkey Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- Cheddar Fruit Salad
- Pollo Asada Fries
- Remixed Coconut Rice Pudding
- Plum Almond Toast
- Breakfast Steak Tacos
- Hummus-Stuffed Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Strips
- Chocolate Blood Orange Chai
- Sunshine Kiwi Oats
5) Submit recipes each month for The Recipe ReDux. [30/33]
- March 2014: Walnut Oat Patties
- April 2014: Pumpkin Pistachio Kale Fried Rice
- May 2014: Matcha Ice Cream
- June 2014: Lychee Jasmine Tea
- July 2014: Citrus Chia Pudding
- August 2014: Everything But the Kitchen Sink Rice Cake Bars
- September 2014: Tropical Walnut Cookies
- October 2014: Garam Masala Green Beans
- November 2014: Sweet Potato Chicken Curry
- December 2014: Cream Corn Turkey Bacon Salad Drizzled in Balsamic Glaze
- January 2015: Sriracha-Roasted Walnuts with Ginger
- February 2015: Mexican Orange Hot Chocolate
- March 2015: Cake Batter Oatmeal Protein Bites
- April 2015: Sriracha Tuna Fried Rice
- May 2015: Chocolate Green Smoothie
- June 2015: No-Bake Mango Coconut Pie
- July 2015: Spicy Sriracha Ramen Bowl
- August 2015: Orange Roughy Ceviche
- September 2015: Hot Mama’s White Bean Chicken Chili
- October 2015: Honey Nut Banana Milk
- November 2015: Pumpkin Coconut Bread
- December 2015: Was completely swamped by interviews/travel/holidays!
- January 2016: Sriracha Popcorn
- February 2016: Banana Berry Smoothie Bowls
- March 2016: Savory Mochi Rice Cake
- April 2016: Ochazuke
- May 2016: Simple Baked Eggs
- June 2016: Tahini Freekeh Power Bowls
- July 2016: Spicy Zoodles with Tofu
- August 2016: Hawaiian POG Drink
6) Make Thai drunken noodles.
7) Make or adapt 10 recipes from pinterest/other food blogs. [10/10]
- Banana Pudding
- Caramelized White Chocolate Peach Oatmeal Skillet Pizookie
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Tikka Masala Pizza Cake
- Thai Vegetable Curry Bowl
- Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
- White Balsamic Chicken with Fruit Salsa
- Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Waffles
- Pizza Bread Bowl
8) Make at least 10 recipes from Recipe ReDux posts. [4/10]
- Sweet & Spicy Dijon-Encrusted Salmon
- Apple Butter Yogurt Cheesecake
- Chinese Fried Rice
- Tahini Freekeh Power Bowls
9) Make Dutch babies (as Trish would say–the food, not a foreign child!).
10) Sweat Pink Ambassadorship
11) FitFluential Ambassadorship
12) Get own domain and import everything there.
13) Attend a blogging conference. [10/17/14-10/19/14 Blog Well Summit (online, but it counts! 😛 )]
14) Attend at least 1 blogger meetup! [1/1+]
15) Make a facebook page for Fairyburger.
16) Schedule posts into the future when you have pockets of spare time.
1) Check out the Asian market(!!!) in Ashland.
2) Go paddleboarding. (June 2016)
3) Check out the SDA church in Ashland.
4) Chocolate Festival in Lewisburg. (04/12/14)
5) Go berry-picking.
6) Art festival in Lexington, KY. (08/16/14)
7) Taste of Our Town in Lewisburg, WV. (10/10/15)
1) Put aside $1 for each completed goal and use it to buy something nice.
2) Blog about the things on this list that can be written about.
3) Make another 101 in 1001 list.
Unstarted/Can’t Complete: 4