The Short Version
Occupation: 1st-year Family Medicine Resident (Intern)
Blog Focus: Food, Fitness & Healthy Living
- If you had to stuff my blog into a single niche, it’d probably best be lumped into the “healthy living lifestyle” category!
Interests/Hobbies: food (both cooking + eating it!), powerlifting, dancing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, volunteering, music (especially piano and singing!), writing, finding awesome deals/saving money, travel, walking very quickly
Hopes: To become a Family Medicine physician (with special interests in working with under-served populations, sports medicine, preventative medicine, integrative medicine, geriatrics, and community outreach…hence, why I’m going into Family Medicine) + to lead by example!
Want to find out more about me? Read on!
How Did This All Begin?
Once upon a time (post-undergrad), I was moving from California to the land of the bitter cold (east coast) to start grad school. Since I’ve always kept a journal and wanted to document my adventures and to compile all the recipes I’d ever made/attempted, Fairyburger (one of my brother’s many nicknames for me) was born!
Are You Lost?
I know there’s a lot on here–I broke down the navigation to my blog in a handy
little post right here!
I follow somewhat of a blogging schedule (for sanity’s sake, and also because I schedule most of my posts pretty far into the future), so if you’re only interested in certain topics, feel free to check in then!
- Monday: My Medical Mondays posts take place here! I write about anything medicine/medical school/health-related, and try to include pertinent health issues/topics whenever possible!
- Tuesday-Thursday: Free for all! This usually includes fitness, reviews, more recipes, reflections on my rotations, “Day in the Life” posts, travel…you get the idea!
- Friday: Do you love food? I co-host Foodie Friday, a weekly themed [healthified] recipe linkup with 3 other ladies! For more healthified recipes, every 22nd of the month = Recipe ReDux! (For more on my philosophies on food, go here!)
- Weekends: I try to take weekends off to give myself (and all of you) a break. Go out and enjoy life! (Sometimes posts will be scheduled here though!) Every first Saturday = Ultimate Coffee Date!
If you’re looking for something specific, there’s always the search bar! :]
- I hold a Bachelors of Arts & Science in Exercise Biology and Music Performance (Piano). I’m also, randomly, two courses away from an Associate’s in Athletic Training (so close, yet so far…).
- Because I’m somewhat of a degree slut (someone else’s words, but it works), I also have a Master’s in Biomedical Sciences and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. I’m currently a Family Medicine resident at my first-choice program! :]
- I was named after Farrah Fawcett! (I would be a terrible actress though.)
- I may or may not plan my life around my meals.
- Since I have some pretty monstrous amount of debt due to my student loans, I occasionally supplement my income/livelihood as a non-starving musician/accompanist (food is the only area where I’ll “splurge”), a research subject, and from selling my belongings or blogging.
For other “about me” posts, check out the following!
- 25 Things You Didn’t Know
- Liebster Award x1
- Liebster Award x2
- Liebster Award x3
- 10 Confessions
- 5 Facts About Me
- Get To Know Fairyburger
- The ABCs of Fairyburger
I have a billion interests but don’t tend to drop previous hobbies/activities, so the list just keeps growing. As such, I’ve gotten very good at multi-tasking. I detest idle moments, so I’m constantly trying to do everything.
I want to make every moment in my life count, and I’d like to live my life in such a way that when I officially kick the bucket, I can do so without any regrets.
This is me summarized on a t-shirt.
If you need to contact me for any reason, my contact information/internet presence is all over here!