Welcome to Foodie Friday! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl + Jess from Hello To Fit to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Since it’s National Pancake Week, this week’s theme = Pancakes, so I made Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes!
We’re all about the breakfast recipes this week! If you haven’t checked out my recipe for Banana Berry Smoothie Bowls, you should hella check em’ out! (Sorry, my norcal is coming out. :O )
I had some yogurt coupons left from Siggi’s, so I decided to make some pancakes with em’! I got to get together for delicious indoor fooding adventures/kitchen experiments with two of my closest friends over the weekend, so we made a whole ton of food, partially to fuel my Foodie Fridays, and partially because we all needed a creative outlet of some sort.
This is what happens when two designers and one med student get together!
We made 4 other recipes, which should be rollin’ out in future Foodie Fridays! ;P As with the smoothie bowls, I also went to town on the toppings for these, but to a slightly lesser degree. I found that they were tastiest with a dollop of nut butter, a spoonful of yogurt, and a bunch of fruits. Aka all the toppings. (Treat yo self!)
I haven’t made pancakes since last year’s “Overcome Your Fears” Foodie Friday (3-Ingredient Pancakes)! These pancakes are also super tasty and high in protein! Each recipe makes about 3 pancakes! :]
Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 small banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Siggi’s vanilla + cardamom yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sprig mint
- 1-2 dollop of Siggi’s yogurt (Mixed Berry + Acai, Vanilla + Cardamom, Coconut)
- 1-2 dollops of coconut almond butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- chopped fruits
- drizzle of honey
- Mash all pancake ingredients together until smooth.
- Lightly coat nonstick skillet with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. Drop batter by ¼ cups into skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top and flip cakes. Cook until golden brown.
- Did you know that this week is also National Eating Disorder Awareness (NEDA) Week? Read more about Anorexia Nervosa for Medical Mondays!
- Have you ever had a smoothie bowl? This Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl‘s smoothie base only calls for 3 ingredients, and you can go to town on the toppings!
- I got to try out the HASK Monoi Coconut Oil line! Check out my thoughts on their haircare line!
- Another #BehindTheBlogger is in the books! The theme this time around was What Keeps Me Grounded! Find out how music helped me through medical school!
Linking this up with Julie’s #BestofBlogs linkup! :]
- What are your favorite pancake toppings?
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Join us next week for “Energizing” (something that gives you energy, but not with copious amounts of caffeine)!