Welcome to Foodie Friday! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl + Jess from Hello To Fit to create awesome healthy recipes each week! This week’s theme = Pinterest Curiosities!
Remember wayyy back in the day when I made a pizza cake for Friendsgiving? (A Tikka Masala Pizza Cake, to be exact!) Well, I’m at it again, but this time, it’s in the form of a Pizza Bread Bowl.
I saw this lovely goodness of imgur (I know it’s not the same as pinterest, but let’s face it, it’s probably on pinterest too!) and decided we had to make our own. (This was back when I was still bumming on Sean’s floor during my last rotation in medical school.)
Sean is a big fan of Newman’s Own’s Sockarooni Pasta Sauce since it has tomato puree, diced tomatoes, green + red bell peppers, mushrooms, salt, cane sugar, extra virgin olive oil, spices, and dried garlic. (Twas a good choice. That sauce is amazing.) Plus, the company helps out a lot of different charities, so what’s not to like!?
This recipe is super super versatile (it’s pizza, after all), so go to town with whatever toppings you like! Sean didn’t like pineapples (…), so I didn’t add those in here, but ah, these were absolutely delicious!
…Just don’t be surprised if you fall into a food coma immediately afterward.
Pizza Bread Bowl
- 1 bread bowl
- 1 cup Newman’s Own Sockarooni Pasta Sauce
- 4-8 oz. fresh mozzarella (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup white button mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 2-3 oz. turkey pepperoni
- sprinkle of white + yellow cheddar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice the top of the bread and take out the insides. Add ~1/2 cup marinara sauce into the bottom of the bread bowl, then layer in the mozzarella, bell peppers, mushrooms, and red onions.
- Add in the remaining mozzarella and top with pepperoni.
- Wrap the bread bowl in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for ~10 minutes before serving.
- Have you ever gone spelunking? Before I graduated, I went with my friend on a self-guided tour through the Lost World Caverns in West Virginia!
- It’s time for another Recipe ReDux! This month, we’re getting all our veggies “in shape”–check out this super easy + healthy vegetarian recipe for Spicy Zoodles with Tofu!
- What are your favorite pizza toppings?
- Do you think you could finish one of these in one sitting?
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Join us next week for Kitchen Cleanse!