Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme = Pinterest Curiosities! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
This week’s theme was somewhat inspired by the fact that I’m sure a lottttt of us have 349328432 recipes pinned on pinterest. (I know I do…) Well, here’s your chance to make a tinytiny dent in your pinterest collection! Choose a recipe to make a link up with us! :]
I know I tend to go on and on about how much I love salmon sashimi. In fact, it’s even sparked a couple conversations about proposals and marriage. But my other favorite cuisine? Thai food.
Back in Davis, I was spoiled by all my favorite genres of food. We had a plethora of sushi buffets/restaurants (10) and Thai restaurants (8). (I’m fairly certain that at one point while I was there, there were about 14 Thai restaurants and 7 sushi buffets + 5 other restaurants that served sushi.)
It so happens that I acquired a bunch of free vegetables because we had an impromptu lab last week (complete with a free dinner of ravioli + a salad bar! <3 ). Somehow, no one wanted to take the rest of the salad bar home… so don’t mind if I do! (Gotta save money where I can, right? >_>) Waste not!
In honor of my love of Thai food (and the fact that I got some Thai curry paste from the Reading Terminal back when I went to Philly), I decided to adapt this recipe in accordance to what I had in my fridge/kitchen! 😀
Thai Vegetable Curry Bowl
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 mango, sliced
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, bring coconut milk to a simmer and whisk in peanut butter, curry paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, + minced garlic cloves. Continue whisking until sauce is reduced by half + thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add crushed peanuts + set aside.
- While sauce is cooking, steam or lightly saute the spinach.
- To serve, place 1/2 cup brown rice in a bowl and top with 1/4 the spinach mixture, 1/4 the shredded carrots, 1/4 the bell pepper + mango.
- Serve with sauce + garnish with extra chopped peanuts + fresh cilantro.
- Hypertension is the most common cause of office visits in non-pregnant adults! Come join me on Medical Mondays to learn more about it!
- I’m introducing some new and awesome foods today–Rebel Fish + ProYo Treats!
- Do you like saving money whilst eating healthy?! Check out my review of Supermarket Healthy, and find out how to make a 15-minute Frittata!
- Brace yourselves, m’friends–I’m going to try to follow a blog schedule from here on out in an attempt to bring some semblance of organization to the controlled chaos that I call my life!
- I’m co-hosting a new linkup (#WithLoveFridays) on any and all things to do with love!
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Valentine’s Day!