Welcome to Foodie Friday! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl + Jess from Hello To Fit to create awesome healthy recipes each week! This week’s theme is Heritage Appreciation, which is a throwback from one of the Foodie Friday themes we did back in 2014 when we first started this link up!
If you’re reading this on Friday morning, I’m either rounding on my patient and writing up a note on her, or at my veryyyyy last interview as we “speak,” so please send some good thoughts my way! ;P
I have to send in my match list next month, so I am constantly mulling over my options. (I have no idea what to do right now because I like so many programs. Tis a good problem to have, but goodness, making this list will be difficult.) Hopefully, March will bring good news though! :]
That being said, I don’t have a new recipe to share with you this week because I’m on an inpatient rotation and rarely get to see the light of day. (Kidding, kinda-but-not-really.)
I’m at the hospital for 12+ hours a day, and recently got hired to put together several presentations to be presented to medical schools all across the country (what what???), so between that, getting in daily reading so I don’t suck at life on my rotation, co-writing an article for another site that FM Student got onto the radar for, answering a billion emails, chasing down next month’s rotation, finding one last elective, and test-running a new question bank series, I’ve been goin’ a little cray-cray. And guess who’s going to be driving back here before the crack of dawn to work on Sunday?
This girlllll. I’m just a tad stressed.
(Let’s just say that sleep has not been happening much lately. Controlled chaos, m’friends!!!)
But it’s cool! Since this blog actually started out mostly as a private blog/place for me to dump recipes, I have several old recipes to share from back in the days of yore when Fairyburger wasn’t ever shown to the public! If you want to check out all the Chinese recipes on this blog, go to my “chinese dishes” tag!
8 Chinese Recipes To Try This Weekend
Surprisingly enough, I have more than 8 Chinese recipes hanging out on my blog, but 8 is considered lucky in Chinese culture because it indicates prosperity, so we’re goin’ with it! (It sounds really similar to the word for wealth/success in Cantonese.) Chinese New Year is coming up in less than a month, and for the first time in 5(?) years, I actually get to spend it with my family!
- As you can imagine, I am all over the easiest recipes in the world right now–make this 5-Ingredient Winter Melon Soup to warm up this winter!
- I got to try out a new affordable eye cream–check out my review of OZ Naturals Ultra Ageless Eye Creme here! :]
- Let’s hope all the crazy hours I’ve been spending working on everything under the sun won’t be for naught! :O These are my goals for 2016!
- What’s new with you this week? I’m hoping to catch up on comments and blogs soon, but bear with me here. It’s been a bit hectic! ._.
- How do you deal with stress and having 2349827394 things you need to do? I tend to deal with it in the same way that I play Diablo–charge straight in and start
hacking and slashingworking through each task until I finish em’ all!
- What dish would you make to celebrate your heritage?
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Jess | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin‘
Join us next week for Pinterest Curiosities!