The recipe is adapted from here. The changes I made were really just because I dislike using salt and I didn’t happen to have any nutmeg. This does indeed have an egg-y sort of taste to it despite there not being any in it. I bought a tapioca loaf the other day (it was on sale and I was curious) so I used that. :]
The original recipe called for 6 slices of bread, but I had enough left over for the whole loaf, so why the hell not, right? :O Waste not!
Vegan French Toast
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk, vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- coconut oil
- 12 slices tapioca bread
- Whisk together almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast and cinnamon.
- Coat each slice of bread thoroughly.
- Heat coconut oil in large pan over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, place the bread slices in and cook for a few minutes per side until golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar, vegan butter, maple syrup, coconut butter, fruit butter, fresh fruit…the possibilities are endless!
(They’re pictured here with maple syrup and coconut butter.)