Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week!
Today’s theme = Overcoming Fears! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Before we get to the recipe, guuesss who gets to have a life tomorrow!? (NO WAY! :O ) I’m going to Pittsburgh for half the weekend with my friends! <3 It’s also apparently National Doctor’s Day, so the hospital is celebrating and I get all sorts of free noms! *-* I have about $40 left out of my $100 to use up next week. >_> Looks like I’ll be eating reallyyyy well!
I actually tried out this recipe about two years ago, by way of Cassey’s (anyone a Blogilates fan? :O ) Banana Pancakes recipe, but at the time, I didn’t own a spatula, so they ended up looking like super sorry/sad messes (sigh). They were still tasty, but definitely not picture-worthy. I couldn’t even bring myself to take a picture of it.
Yep, that bad.
Since then, I’ve been a bit wary of pancakes. I make waffles, because it’s pretty hard to screw those up (I have a waffle iron back in CA). But pancakes, I tend to just enjoy at my church in Lewisburg over Easter. 😡
I was reminded of this recipe by Tricia, so I decided to try again, now that I actually own a spatula. (My best friend/facebook hubby gave me one of his spatulas when he heard of my plight.) I’ve also been telling Rebecca all year that I’d make em’, so I figured I’d finally make good on that statement.
The chili powder* was used by complete accident (they’re housed in pretty much identical containers, are roughly the same color, start with “c”…totally a mistake anyone could’ve made)! Fortunately, it didn’t alter the taste, so not all was lost. My first attempt was a pretty sorry sight.
I was very tempted to just pretend that everything went well…but in the interest of full disclosure, here it is:
Thankfully, I am not so easily discouraged!
They didn’t come out looking super pretty (with practice, maybe?), so that’s the reason for the strategically placed/randomly strewn raspberries! I added a dollop of cookie butter to drown my sorrows away.
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed well
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp coconut oil
(The rest are optional!)
- 1 heaping tbsp hemp hearts
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of ground ginger
- chili powder if you’re absentminded*
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- dollop of Trader Joe’s cookie butter
- Add mashed banana, eggs and hemp hearts into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat + add the coconut oil.
- Scoop batter onto the skillet and cook until golden brown, + the edges are dry.
- It appears that my
eternal7-week residual cough is still going strong. (Sigh.) But my loss is your gain–learn more about Acute Bronchitis on this week’s Medical Mondays!
- I got a super awesome cookbook of healthified Southern recipes in the mail, so I’m sharing both my review of the cookbook and a recipe for a Crockpot 3-Bean Turkey Chili!
- I finished my first Pediatrics rotation pretty recently, so I wrote up my reflections on it!
- Check out my review of Simply Clean, an ebook on healthy eating + living!
- Have you ever been to Pittsburgh? Any suggestions on where to go!?
- What’s a recipe/type of food that you tend to fail at making?
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Spring!