Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme = Healthy Halloween Treats! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Back in the days of boards studying (a terrible time in my life that I should learn to stop mentioning), I was stress-eating like no other and my friend suggested that I make my own popcorn as a snack, since there were all kinds of different flavors I could come up with on my own, and it’d be (theoretically speaking) healthier, and at the very least, cheaper than buying it. Ever since then, I’ve been on somewhat of a popcorn-making frenzy.
This is the second type we’ve made thus far, but probably the first time I’ve ever posted one of them. There will likely be many more to follow, so stay tuned (there are at least 2 more popcorn posts scheduled in the near future thus far), because I’ve become somewhat of a popcorn fiend! :O The possibilities are endless!
That being said, this is not the healthiest dessert choice you could possibly have, but it’s a healthified version of Cake Batter Popcorn! 😀 Enjoy!
Cake Batter Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp white cake mix (or cake batter protein powder)
- sprinkles, as desired
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot on medium-high heat (~6-7/10, if your stovetop happens to have numbers).
- Pour in the popcorn kernels and cover with a lid, leaving a tiny bit of space to allow it to vent.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl, and when the popping starts to slow down, heat it up for 30-second increments until mostly melted.
- Stir the white cake mix into the melted chocolate.
- Remove popcorn from heat and pour into large bowl. Stir the melted chocolate mixture in and toss/mix to coat evenly.
- Throw in sprinkles and toss to mix!
- Check out my contribution to the Life in Pictures linkup! 😀
- Through my association with Girls Gone Sporty, I got to try out a new jerky trail mix! Go see my review of KOOEE Jerky Trail Mix!
- I decided to share some of the tips and advice do well on your first clinical rotation (+ to make it go a little more smoothly)!
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | twitter | instagram | pinterest | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Next week’s theme is Seafood!