11/04: Songs I Currently Love This could go south very quickly because I love a whole lot of songs and could
probably write a billion posts about all the music I like (the only genre I completely detest is rap). Most are super-sad ones, which people find somewhat strange because I’m generally a pretty optimistic + cheerful person. I just feel like the sad ones convey a lot more emotion?I’ll try to include a variety and am capping myself at 7; you may notice that I tend to have a thing for awesome piano/guitar solos and usually-female vocals (because then I can sing along!).
- Jane Zhang – 画心 (Painted Heart) This song is frighteningly depressing, but hauntingly beautiful. Tis also one of the only songs I can sing in Mandarin! (I taught it to myself while I was on the cruise with my family, haha.)
- Avenged Sevenfold – Afterlife I discovered on Rock Band 2 wayyy back in the day (did you know I used to kindasorta kick ass at that game? I could play pretty much all the songs on expert and be in the general vicinity of 95-100%!
- Boyce Avenue – Glycerine I used to listen to this on repeat during first year of med school (for no real reason other than that I just really liked the song). I still like it a lot! :] Boyce Avenue is one of my all-time favorite cover artists. :]
- We Are The Fallen – Sleep Well, My Angel I also used to listen to this one on repeat and sing along. It’s super pretty, and if you feel like it sounds a whole lot like Evanescence…it’s because it’s the entirety of Evanescence, but without Amy Lee!
- BarlowGirl – Never Alone I’m not entirely sure where or how I found this song, but I really like it and it’s on the to-learn list for our band (The Vagal Tones). We haven’t had band practice since boards studying because med school isn’t exactly conducive to regular/consistent practice times. :[
- Within Temptation – Whole World Is Watching Sharon has a beautiful voice. :] I think there are very few songs that I don’t like by her, but this is one of my most recent favorites!
- Johnny Sky – With or Without You I heard this while I was volunteering in the Dominican Republic and liked it a lot! :] It was definitely one of the more mellow songs they played, but I pretty much liked everything I heard over there, and whenever I play this song or any of the others, I’m reminded of warm weather and hard work, but good times. :]
- Losing the people I love and care about
- Saying something I’ll regret for the rest of my life …So if I’m really angry (this rarely happens, but hypothetically speaking), I stay silent, because there’s always this underlying thought: What if something happens and that’s the last thing I ever said to them? Would I be able to live with myself?
- Those are my biggies, although I’m not so keen on porcelain dolls either. I also have a somewhat irrational fear of getting my eyeballs poked out my an umbrella. (It’s because my mom breaks out the umbrella whenever the sun’s out. I’m tellin’ you, Asian households. We’re vampires in disguise. The fact that I’m somewhat tan is a disgrace.)
11/06: Pet Peeves
- Do you walk really, really slowly and meander aimlessly in zizags on a sidewalk so I can’t ever hope to get past you?
- Do you tailgate me when there’s clearly a red light up ahead?
- Do you take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get to the point and keep me talking to you when I have somewhere I need to be and things I need to get done? (I know, I know. My type A is showing. :[ )
- Do you never re-rack your weights and/or curl in the squat rack?
- Do you have zero passion in your life? Are you super lazy and do you do absolutely nothing to contribute to society/humankind?
- Are you extremely rude, disrespectful and inconsiderate? Are you a close-minded misogynist? A wilting flower/drama queen?
- Are you the one who used the search term, “asian teen sex” on my blog? (Please leave.)
No? Okay, awesome. I think we’re good then!
Thanks for stopping by, and feel free to join in on the challenge! More to follow in a couple days! :]
- Favorite quote?
- What are some of your current favorite songs?
- Worst fears?
- Biggest pet peeves?
I’m turning this into a linkup! If you’d like to join in on the November Blogging Challenge, feel free to link up your post here! :]