Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week!
Today’s theme = Hot Off the Grill! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
I don’t have a straight-up grill, but I do have a Foreman grill (affiliate link!) that my friends gave me for my birthday several years ago! <3 I adore this sucker, and really like using it to grill meats, but for some reason, I’ve never actually tried to grill veggies on it (…).
I discovered the awesomeness of grilling asparagus on it when I was living with my friend during my elective FM rotation back in West Virginia.
Back when I still lived in the same complex as some of my closest med school friends, we’d try to get together weekly to study in the same space, and when April rolled around, to continue our tradition from last year of watching Game of Thrones together.
Usually, they’d either order food or I’d make some kind of edible substance for us if I felt like they’d/we’d eaten way too much pizza for the week. (One of my friends used to eat a large pizza a day and nothing else. I was completely horrified by this and started cooking extra food to bring to school so that he wouldn’t die of malnutrition. The dude may be genetically blessed, but crud. Still not okay. :[ )
This recipe is superrrr easy also really quick! If you’re being a total minimalist, you can just use a 1:1 ratio of asparagus to turkey bacon, throw it on the grill, and be done with it. :O
Grilled Turkey Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- 24 stalks of asparagus, with ~1″ of the ends chopped off
- 24 slices of turkey bacon
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place asparagus stalks onto Foreman grill and let it cook for ~5-7 minutes, or until bright green (but not quite fully tender!).
- Remove from grill with chopsticks (or your choice of utensil; I found it easier with chopsticks) and wrap each with a slice of turkey bacon.
- Place back on grill for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot!
- This week, I went over the 5 things that would be smart to include in a LOR packet if you’re asking someone to write you a recommendation letter for Medical Mondays!
- On Tuesday, I shared my favorite summer salad of the moment (Asian Slaw), as well as a little slice-of-life post on what a Day In The Life is like when you’re on study lockdown. (It’s actually not that bad, because I have awesome company and delicious foods.)
- July’s Recipe ReDux theme was “Fresh From the Garden!” Check out the Spicy Sriracha Ramen Bowl I made! <3
- I also shared 5 Summer Health Tips yesterday! Go check em’ out and tell me what summer health/beauty tips you’d suggest!
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Feature Ingredient: Honey (or other sweetener alternative)!