I have no idea how it’s possible that I’ve never made banana bread yet!?
I spent the last two days sleeping over on my friends’ futon because another snowstorm decided to hit. (Any day now, spring! We’re waitin’ on you!) Such as it was, the bananas that I’d purchased 1.5(?) weeks ago on super-sale (for serious, I got 7 lbs of bananas for $2.09 <3 ) were getting super ripe, and what better edible substance to make than banana bread when you have super ripe bananas?!
Recipe adapted from here! I omitted the sweetener and baking soda (I don’t have any) completely, used almond meal instead of flour, and threw in some add-ins (cinnamon chips, walnuts, dried cranberries). This made 2 small, flat loaves for me that I divided into 7 pieces. (My loaf pans weren’t the same size. 😡 )
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large super-ripe bananas, mashed
- cinnamon chips
- walnuts, chopped
- dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together eggs, applesauce and vanilla.
- Mix together the almond meal, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients.
- Stir in mashed bananas + mix well. Add in cinnamon chips, walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Divide evenly into 2 ~8-in. loaf pans and bake for ~45 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test!