Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme = Chips N’ Dip! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
I am of the belief that chips n’ dip is welcomed year-round. :O At first, I was going to make one of those super elaborate and beautiful-lookin’ black-bean-guacamole-corn dips I’ve been seeing on pinterest, but…avocados are expensive, and my shelf exam is this afternoon (don’t worry, I’m not blogging instead of studying on the day of my exam; I’m writing this into the future because I swear I have my priorities straight most of the time). It’s my last day of ER today! :[ I’m going to miss it. Next up is radiology!
Since I’m supposed to be studying, I opted for the “Hey, what’s super fast and already in my kitchen?!” approach. This is somewhat inspired by a conversation last week with Linda (we were talking about sriracha). I actually never knew it was even called “sriracha” until around 2009 because previously, I’d always just referred to it as “rooster sauce.” Or cock sauce, if you want to be more crude. >_> Did you know they sell sriracha bottles on keychains now? People mean business.
This dipping sauce is actually highly similar to one of the sauces I made for a turkey mushroom burger recipe several months back, but uh, I added pepper + garlic powder and kicked it up a notch in terms of the spiciness level? (Shelf exam, shelf exam!) This takes under 5 minutes to make, and provides an afterburn that’ll help to keep your sinuses rather clear (or maybe it’s just me). In any case, I hope you enjoy! I know pretzels aren’t exactly chips, but…guess who doesn’t have chips in her apartment? Yep, this girl.
I didn’t want to make a whole bunch, so I used a silicone baking cup (affiliate link!) for individual portioning. Feel free to double, triple, or quadruple (etc.) the recipe to meet your needs, and if you haven’t entered my Venice Kitchen Silicone Baking Cups giveaway yet, do it now! :] It ends in a couple days and I’m picking 5 winners!
Sriracha Greek Yogurt Dip
- 3 tbsp 0% Fage Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- dash of garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined! Serve with chips, pretzels, veggie chips, etc.!
- Use Venice Kitchen Silicone Baking Cups to make these miniature Shepherd’s Pies!
- Read more on my reflections on my very first clinical rotation in my favorite specialty: Family Medicine!
- Worst habits? Best physical feature? Favorite things? Outfit of the day? Find out on the November Blog Challenge!
- Are you a fan of Biscoff cookie spread?! Popcorn as a snack?! Combine em’ in this recipe for Biscoff Twix Popcorn! 😀
- What are things that make your day? What would you do if you won the lottery? Find out what they’d be for me!
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Comfort Foods!