I’m joining up for Meatless Monday today with a hot soup! :] Before I get to the recipe, I wanted to share two things!
One of them is the workout I did yesterday “with” Laura (live on youtube! 😛 ). This is actually the first video I’ve ever posted to my blog! :O! I didn’t know it was that easy. >_> This is somewhat of a game-changer. Maybe I’ll actually start doing something with my YouTube account!
The second is the gratitude list I made for yesterday’s Elf 4 Health Challenge! :]
Lately, I’ve been eating a lot less meat because there’s a super nice lady at my church who worries that I don’t have time to make my own food. She’s taken to packing up all the good leftovers from potluck for me to take home after choir practice each weekend. (Most of my church is vegetarian.)
My protein intake has actually dwindled in comparison to what I was eating when I prepping for my powerlifting competition, but since I don’t think I’ll get to enter another one in the foreseeable future (and I’ve also been saving money by finishing off the food in my apartment), I guess it’s a-okay!
This recipe is awesome in that if you happen to want it to be more like mashed potatoes, you can just add 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt and blend it til it reaches your desired consistency. Since I unfortunately have no blender powerful enough (or a food processor), I decided to make this into a soup instead. :]
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Broccoli Soup
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower + broccoli florets
- drizzle of EVOO
- 1 head of garlic
- sprinkle of sea salt
- copious amounts of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice off top of head of garlic + drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Wrap in foil.
- Spread cauliflower florets onto a baking sheet in an even layer and drizzle with olive oil (or melted coconut oil).
- Roast for ~40 minutes. Stir the cauliflower halfway through cooking. Allow it to cool and remove garlic cloves from the head of garlic.
- While on medium heat, mash together the cauliflower, milk, salt, pepper ,and chicken/vegetable broth in a bowl until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Season with more pepper and serve!