Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme = Eat the Rainbow! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Have you entered my giveaway for a bag of hemp hearts yet? (If not, head on over! 😀 )
Happy Friday, everyone! I think one of the kids from my peds rotation left me a parting gift of…RSV. I have been congested for the past two weeks and it’s transmuted into a chronic cough that sounds terrible. There’s a chance that the patients/staff in psych suspect I have TB. ._. I am surviving though, and everyone there is super nice. The long hours are not fun, but it could be worse, and at least I get free lunches! (Hooray for cutting down on that grocery bill! I don’t think I’ll even break $50 for this month! :] )
One of my med school friends and I semi-regularly congregate each weekend to do a massive food-prep for the week. She happened upon Gimme Some Oven’s Rainbow Thai Chicken Salad and upon seeing the picture, I knew we had to make it. For serious. It’s beautiful. I may even have stopped breathing for a moment or two. Such was my awe. :O
Colorful recipes make me super happy. This was super, super tasty and packed with all sorts of delicious nutrients! I sent a picture of it to Linda and went home that weekend so I could make it for her, because I had to have her try it.
If I had the time (and the money to buy avocados + mangoes regularly), I would totally make this every week! <3
It did take longer than it should have, because I ripped up all of the cabbage by hand. (…Yep.) Also, my peanut butter wasn’t being cooperative and was refusing to mix with the natural oil, so mixing that all up for the dressing was somewhat of a struggle, but if you have cooperative peanut butter and perhaps a food processor to dice everything for you, this should be a piece of cake! <3
Rainbow Thai Salad
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 12 oz. package of carrots, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, cored + diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored + diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored + diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted + diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp mango rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (gluten-free) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- (Dressing) Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If the dressing is too thick, add 1-tsp amounts of hot water until it reaches your desired consistency!
- (Salad) Toss all salad ingredients together until combined. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- I’m trapped in my psych rotation and have taken to attending the group counseling sessions, which have actually been pretty helpful. Find out how to let go of past grievances!
- This week’s Dish The Fit was on…writing your own manifesto! Check out mine!
- I’m a FitFluential ambassador! :D! I also shared 10 confessions on the blog that may or may not be elaborated on in the near future!
- Check out my review of Manitoba hemp hearts and find out how to make a Protein Banana Cake in a rice cooker!
- How do you show compassion? I teamed up with over 1000 bloggers for #1000Speak to write a post about compassion, kindness, non-judgment, and helping others.
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Berry Hot Breakfasts!