Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week!
This week’s theme = No-Bake! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your own recipe as well!
I recently acquired a cookbook filled with all sorts of different interesting recipes that allow me to use up stuff in my kitchen, and since it has both savory and sweet recipes, I decided to try out another recipe for today!
Not gonna lie, the original recipe scared me a little. I don’t want to use an entire cup of sugar, nor did I feel like using 1 cup of light corn syrup (I don’t even have any D: ), so as per usual, I healthified this sucker! :]
She mentions this in her book too, but feel free to sub in a different nut butter or cereal for this recipe! Depending on the type of nut butter you use, you may or may not want to try throwing in a teaspoon of salt. You can also sub in your choice of sweetener (e.g. agave nectar, molasses, honey…), so I went with what I had the most of (aka peanut butter + honey)!
This recipe made about a dozen “cookies!”
Peanut Butter Cornflake No-Bakes
Thanks again for the plate, Kaylin! <3!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cornflakes (I used Nature’s Path Fruit Juice Sweetened Corn Flakes)
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the honey, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir constantly over medium heat until it reaches a boil.
- Remove from heat + stir in the cornflakes.
- Drop 2-tablespoon-sized clumps onto a sheet of parchment paper and let it cool completely (~20 minutes) before eating.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, or at cool room temperature for up to a few days!
End-ish of Week Recap!
- It’s IBS Awareness Month! Learn more about it on this week’s Medical Mondays!
- ‘Twas my birthday on Tuesday! (I’m gettin’ so old! ;_; ) Find out more on how I recharge with my other life! (If you’ve ever wanted to hear me sing and/or play piano or watch me dance…)
- This month’s Recipe ReDux theme was Spring Cleaning! I had an epic “leftover potluck” and also made Sriracha Tuna Fried Rice!
- Are you a fan of desserts?! I wrote up a post on a birthday cake/dessert documentary of years past!
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Strawberries!