Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week! Today’s theme = Pie Makeovers! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
I’m going to digress a tinytiny bit and talk about my peds rotation (I’m rounding at the hospital for the first time today!)–what are the
strangest most unique names you’ve ever heard of? Do you ever think that there are some names that parents just really shouldn’t name their kids?
I just wanted to let you know that there’s a little girl out there running around with the name, “Satin Sheets.” Yes, that’s her full name.
My preceptor’s friend had to talk a mother out of naming her child Chlamydia. (No, I’m really not kidding.) She thought it sounded pretty. He also knows of two girls with the name “Candida” (“Candy” for short).
…He’s also met a “La-a.” (How do you think that’s pronounced? Tell me in the comments!)
What’s the most unique name you’ve ever come across?
I think I really lucked out with the name, “Farrah.” I’m super glad that my dad was the one who named me, since my mom was going to name me Mary, Melody, or Joy, and I can’t see myself as any of those names.
Tangents aside…to me, tarts are pretty much the same thing as pies. (If this theme seems random, it’s because today’s apparently National Pie Day! :O ) They both have some kind of crust/pastry and fruit! :O If you think this is sacrilegious…my apologies, but you’re still just gettin’ a recipe for fruit tarts today from me! It’s gluten-free, raw, and no-bake!
For the record, this recipe makes 12 tarts, but I was too lazy to make the rest of them prettier, as it’s currently past midnight, and I have didactics in 6.5 hours. :O Feel free to top it with whatever fresh fruit (the more colorful the better! 😛 ) + fixings you like! I only have apples and bananas at home right now, so that’s what I worked with!
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1-2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Big Slice Apples packet (optional, but I used Boysenberry Chocolate!)
- Fresh fruit, diced/sliced (if you have any)!
- (Crust) Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until they’re in small pieces. Be sure not to over-process! Press into baking cups and put in fridge or freezer.
- (Filling) Mash bananas with a fork and add chia seeds + hemp hearts.
- After 1-2 hours, take the crust out of the fridge and spread the banana mixture over it.
- Top with fresh fruit/toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Healthified On-the-Go Snacks!