Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week!
Today’s feature ingredient = Peanut Butter! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your own recipe as well!
Back when I was living with my friend on my away rotation in Family Medicine, we were craving dessert one evening. Both of us like to eat healthy whenever possible, and we were also way too lazy to go out to get anything. Our laziness was a blessing in disguise, because we decided to use up stuff that we had lying around, and bam! This delicious awesomeness was born!
Some time ago, I won a peanut butter + protein giveaway from Sarah at The Fit Cookie. As you may well know, I am all about the protein, so I was rather overjoyed. (Thanks so much! <3)
Key ingredients in this recipe are…MyProtein’s peanut butter (made with 100% peanuts!) and MyProtein’s Cinnamon Roll protein powder. (I can’t find a link to their Cinnamon Roll protein powder, but I sincerely hope it’s not because they discontinued it, because that stuff is glorious–we may or may not have looked like druggies because we kept opening the bag to smell it.)
I actually enjoyed these more without the pecan bits, because without them, these pretty much melt in your mouth. <3
You’ll probably want to have something to drink with em’ (e.g. tea, milk of choice, etc.) because although they are super tasty, they can make your mouth a little dry if you eat too many of them. >_> (This recipe made about 48, but we finished off so many that we created another batch the following night.)
Cinnamon PB Protein Balls
- 2 scoops MyProtein Cinnamon Roll protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup diced pecan pieces (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Roll into balls and chill in refrigerator for ~15 minutes.
I’m also jumping in on the Friday Five linkup with Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed Up for What and Mar at Mar on the Run! This week’s theme is Five Things I was Doing Ten Years Ago!
- Living in California – I wonder where I’m going to end up next?
- Finishing up high school – (My, how time flies… o_o). My 10-year reunion is coming up, and my friends and I haven’t really decided whether or not we want to go. I’m still in contact with pretty much everyone I’d like to be in contact with.
- Livejournal – I’ve kept journals for most of my life, and started my first LJ in 2001. Hipster status right there. You still had to get an invite code back then in order to make one! I used to make my own icons and all that goodness! :O
- Still devouring monstrous amounts of food
- Saying my farewells to Brother Sam – He’s a year older than me, so he was leaving for college. I wrote a post about what I imagined life would be like. Here’s an excerpt!“No one to talk about fighting for Azeroth/being a night elf and how great it is to ride a horse/see the sun set and rise five times in one day–on the computer screen. No one to give me good advice. No one to chase my male friends out with knives. No one to cheer me up by doing the strangest+weirdest things.”I think the fact that he no longer chases my male friends out with weapons is a step in the right direction.
- Check out this month’s Recipe ReDux–a no-bake Mango Coconut “Pie!”
- I’m a horrible morning person, so to deal with societal constraints on my life, I’ve learned to adapt by getting ready in the morning really-really quickly. Here are my top 5 tips! 😀
- Are you (or is someone you know) looking for a job? Check out my review of The Career Playbook!
- Last week, I shared how the whole “choosing a base site” process went. Find out how we came up with our game plan/relocation team meetings here!
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Beans, Beans, Good For Your Heart!