Welcome to our weekly Foodie Friday link up! I’m linking up with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, and Cassandra from Powered By Bling, to create awesome healthy recipes each week!
This week’s theme = Hot & Spicy! Make sure you hop around to check out all the amazing recipes in this link up and feel free to add your recipes as well!
Before I get to that, however, please allow me to regale you with my tales of terror from the weekend before last, where I was trying (to no avail) to sign up for the second part of my boards licensing exams to become a physician. :'[
Level 2 has two parts to it. CK (Clinical Knowledge) is $580, and PE (Physical Examination), where they force you to fly all the way out to Philly to take the test, is $1290. My credit limit was apparently freakishly low, so because I spotted my friend on his test because he needed to wait for reimbursements in order to pay for it…and in so doing, I couldn’t pay for the second part of my test.
As I was silently freaking out (whilst watching available test dates disappearing by the day), I called my bank to see if they’d increase my credit limit. Here’s how you should never speak to your bank!
BoA: What’s your annual income?
F: Um, probably zero? Unless you count imaginary government money. I’m on student loans.
BoA: Do you have any sort of part-time job or anything?
F: I’m in medical school, so they don’t really let us work.
BoA: Are you a freshman, sophomore, junior…?
F: It’s my third year.
BoA: Are you self-employed?
F: Um. As a full-time student?
BoA: Is there any side income that you bring in with your hobbies?
F: Believe me, I really wish I did.
BoA: So you would be an investment.
F: Yes, yes I would be.
They extended it instantly, so I guess I’ve got that going for me. On to the food!
I’ve never actually rolled a burrito in my life until now. (I always figured I’d have a hard time because I would want to over-stuff it, so meh.) Hope you enjoy these though! 😀 Recipe adapted from here!
If you don’t feel like eating it in burrito form, this could just as easily be turned it into a sandwich (or a salad if you omit the tortilla!).
Chicken Avocado Burritos
Chicken Avocado Burritos
- 1 15 oz. can of shredded chicken
- 2 packets of grilled chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp deli mustard
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ~1/4 cup 0% Fage Greek yogurt
- 4-6 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Your choice of copious amounts of hot sauce*
- Combine chicken with pepper and mustard. Mix well, then add cheese, cilantro, avocados and Greek yogurt.
- Heat tortilla in a pan for 1-2 minutes on each side on medium-high heat. Flip to other side and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken filling to the tortilla, drizzle with your choice of hot sauce, and roll it up!
I've tried Tapatio & Sriracha thus far and it was like having a delicious fire in my mouth. <3
…and while we’re at it, here’s Princess Muffin with the new jacket I got her. (I want to take her on walks outside!) She is about 100% done with having me as her owner/life as a purrito.
Interested in getting to know more about any of your super-awesome co-hosts? :]
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Montana | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Join us next week for Pie Makeovers!