So…I love making lists. (There’s just something so satisfying about being able to cross off the things you’ve accomplished!)
The other posts for the #dishthefit linkup got me to thinking–what would my one-word slogan be? What would my word be for 2015? I’m sure we’ve all noticed how very frighteningly verbose I tend to be, so that was a major challenge, but…
Persevere:/ˌpərsəˈvir/to continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no prospect of success.
There have definitely been a number times throughout this year where things just felt so, so bleak to me. I was terrified that I wouldn’t have a future, that I wouldn’t be able to get to where I wanted to be in my life, that even if I tried my hardest, it might not work out. I have incredible people in my life though, and having that support system really helped me to stay positive and get through the more difficult times.
I’m sure 2015 will bring with it its own set of new challenges for me to face, but I would like to think that as long as I persevere, I will make it out okay, and it’ll be worth every bit of the struggle.
Elsie @ Sharing Healthiness shared an awesome saying in my comments that I adore: “Perseverance is the virtue from which all your other virtues will be born.” Looks like I’m all set!
Life (Also Known as “Medical School”)
- Finish revamping my CV.
- Ask for and compile LOR’s (letter of recommendation).
- Set up my 4th-year rotation schedule!
- Pass both of the second parts of my medical licensing exams!
- Interviews for residency programs that I adore would be lovely, because I’d really like to have a future. <3
- A scholarship would be awesome too, because I want to give my student loans a big (or small, I really don’t care as long as it’s something!) kick in the face!
This blog has actually been around for quite some time–I was just really antisocial for the first couple of years because I was trying to get into/survive through medical school. Granted, I’m still trying to survive now, but life has improved considerably since part 1 of my boards licensing exams disappeared forever.
- I have a new ongoing series in the works for my blog (more info on Sunday)! :]
- Work on food photography and fix the old + ugly food pictures from way back (when you completely did not care about what it looked like–so long as it tasted good). Re-pin said recipes once they’ve been fixed!
- Fix my [currently nonexistent] newsletter. D:
- Business cards would be kinda nice to have!
- Establish a schedule and be more organized!
- Ambassadorships for communities/brands/organizations that go with my values/mission as a food, fitness & lifestyle blogger!
- Do awesome things so I can blog about it. By that, I really mean that future topics for this year include living out of a car for months at a time, flying across the country multiple times in a single month, and attempting to be on top of my game even if I haven’t slept for 20 hours. Oh the joys of being a medical student! :O!
- Expand on the health side of my blog so I don’t completely fail in my grand plans to healthify the nation.