The end of the year is often like an “end of the road” of sorts–I’m reaching the end of my “second” 101 in 1001 very soon, and with every ending, there is a new beginning, so here’s the start of mine!
I’ve been doing these 101 in 1001’s for several years now and it’s been fun getting to go back to see the things I have/haven’t accomplished over the years! Here’s to many more! :]
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities. To start your own, calculate the finish date here!
Start: December 31, 2016
Finish: September 28, 2019
Health + Fitness
1) Continue lifting/strength training 3x/week.
2) Deadlift 375, Bench Press 176 and Squat 265 would be nice!
3) Flexibility training 10 minutes/day.
4) Foundations 1+2/Handstands with Jun.
5) Continue following IIFYM.
6) Get BF% to 17%.
7) Drink at least 8 cups of water per day.
8) Continue running/doing some form of endurance activity 3x/week.
1) Volunteer at the PROMISE Clinic.
2) Continue volunteering at community events with my advisor.
3) Volunteer at Elijah’s Promise?
1) Write review for COMBANK’s ITE qbank.
2) Write review for COMQUEST’s COMLEX III qbank.
3) Write review for COMBANK’s COMLEX III qbank.
4) Develop FM Resident!
5) Pass Step III. (Somewhere in 2017)
6) Go to the NJAFP conference. (June 2017)
7) Work on nutrition curriculum for residency program!
8) Spanish immersion program for a global health elective? (Figure out what electives I’m going to do!)
9) Apply for fellowship?
10) Pass my final boards licensing exam. (March 2019)
11) Graduate from my residency program! (June 2019)
12) Get hired somewhere awesome, hopefully in California.
13) Move to wherever it is that I’m going to be working.
1) Set up a budget so I can live frugally but comfortably while avoiding being in debt forever. Stick to it. [Try to spend < $10k on rent/living/food/transportation/etc. over 2015-2016.]
2) Continue to keep track of everything I spend.
3) Donate/sell the things I don’t need.
4) Cook whenever possible and eat out as little as possible.
5) Make monthly payments on student loans. [/]
7) For (at least) one month of every year, don’t go out to eat. [1/3]
8) Do an epic cleanse/de-cluttering of my room.
1) Learn how to do a basic patient interview in Spanish.
2) Improve Mandarin.
3) Improve Cantonese.
4) Sing in the UCD Alumni Chorus.
5) Take classes at Body & Pole.
6) Perform with Tehani Mid-East Polynesian Dance Company whenever possible!
7) Learn a duet with fan veils.
8) Learn a solo with fan veils.
9) Learn how to make HK food with my aunt!
10) Join the Rutgers Powerlifting Club.
11) Join the Rutgers BJJ Club.
12) Join the Rutgers Salsa Club.
13) Join the Rutgers Ballroom Dancing Club.
1) England/Scotland with Rachel and Jaclyn! [April 2017]
2) Go backpacking with friends.
3) HK/China with family? [November 2017]
4) Canyoneering in the Philippines?! [2018?]
5) Some kind of road trip? [June 2017]
6) South Korea with Rey?
7) Zion National Park with friends?
8) Go to Maine and explore/go hiking at some point!
Family & Friends
1) Go to Nathan’s wedding reception! [Summer 2017]
2) Go to Mekala’s wedding. [June 3, 2018]
3) Food adventures with supah speshal awsum when I’m back for break!
4) Visit Sean with Mike!?
1) Participate in at least 15 sponsored recipe contests for The Recipe ReDux. [/20]
2) Submit recipes each month for The Recipe ReDux. [/33]
3) Get 20k followers/subscribers across my blog + social media channels.
4) Make at least 10 recipes from pinterest/other food blogs. [/10]
5) Continue scheduling posts into the future whenever you have spare moments.
6) Make business cards for my blog.
7) Go to Expo East in September 2017?
8) Participate in #CookoutWeek 2017.
9) Participate in #Choctoberfest 2017.
10) Participate in #Cookout Week 2018.
11) Participate in #Choctoberfest 2018.
13) Participate in #Cookout Week 2019.
1) Make/put together a costume + go to the Renaisaance Faire!
1) Put aside $1 for each completed goal and use it to buy something nice.
2) Blog about the things on this list that can be written about.
3) Make another 101 in 1001 list.
Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.
Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!